Sunday 2 March 2014

The Rituals of Hajj

In the forenoon of the eighth day of Dhul-Hijja, a pilgrim purifies himself once again by bathing as he did before Umrah in the place in which he is staying, if convenient. He puts on his Ihram and says: " Here I am for Hajj. Here I am, oh Allah, here I am. Here I am. You have no partner. Here I am. Surely all praise, grace and dominion is yours, and you have no partners." If he fears that something will prevent him from completing his Hajj he should make a condition when he makes his intentions, saying: " If I am prevented by any obstacle my place is wherever I am held up." If he has no such fear, he doesn't make this condition.
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Universe. May peace and blessings be upon Muhammad, the last of the prophets and messengers, and upon his family and esteemed companions. Hajj is one of the best forms of worship and is one of the most sublime deeds because it is one of the pillars of Islam that Allah sent Muhammad-may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him-with. A servant's religion is incomplete without it. A form of worship is only acceptable when the following is true.

  • One devotes it to Allah alone, with a desire for the Hereafter. It cannot be done with the intention of being seen among people or for worldly gain.
  • One follows the Prophet's example, in words and deeds. This cannot be accomplished except by gaining knowledge of the Sunnah.

Royal Makkah Tours

No comments:

Post a Comment